LO3: M2

Discuss legal and ethical requirements for the repurposed content 

Within this report I will be talking about the legal and ethical requirements for my repurposed content. I am also going to be talking about the regulation issues and how these effect my repurposed content for my personal media profile that being an online blog.

One legal issue I may face when creating my personal media profile lies within my mood board. I may face some copyright issues since I compiled my images from Pinterest. This would fall under the law of Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. This Act gives the right to copy, lend or sell copies of the work to the creator. These rights can be sold or transferred to allow for other people to use their work. In relation to my repurposed content, this law means that I cannot claim the images in my mood board as my own to make profit from. However, I can still use it on my personal media profile to showcase my skills. 

One ethical issue I may face when creating my personal media profile is surrounding the short film. The ethical issues that I needed to consider for my short film is how I was going to represent mental health. Due to my topic being sensitive and can possibly be triggering to some certain individuals I needed to be careful to how I addressed Dissociative Identity Disorder. Within my short film, I have decided to reveal the diagnosis at the end with the writing on the therapist's clipboard. By doing this, I avoided the more sensitive topics as I don't explicitly say DID or talk about trauma directly to the audience. 

One regulation issue I may face concerning my personal media profile is about following IPSO's guidelines. IPSO stands for Independent Press Standards Organisation. This would be around my magazine cover which I am going to include in my personal media profile. An example of some of the standards which I need to follow are ensuring the headlines are true and that the celebrities are not being slandered or lied about. Furthermore, I would also need to regulate the imaging on the front cover to make sure it is appropriate for all ages of the magazine's target audience. 

In conclusion, there are a legal and ethical requirements that I will have to adhere to when creating my personal media profile. There are also regulation issues that I will have to pay attention to when creating the online blog.



Comments