LO3: D1
Justify the choice of content and repurposed formats.
In this report I will be justifying my choice of content and repurposed formats for my personal media profile. I will also be discussing the benefits and limitations of them.
First of all I chose my mood board for my personal media profile because it showcases my ability to present and organise my ideas and influences for photography. My mood board is a physical product and so in order to add it to my personal media profile, I first had to take a photograph of my mood board. I then uploaded this picture of my mood board to my personal media profile. I have repurposed this by changing the purpose from showcasing my ideas and influences for my photography project to now being a way to show off my skills to a prospective employer. A benefit of this repurposed format is that the mood board is now easily accessible by the employer rather than having to bring in a physical copy which could be damaged or lost. However, a limitation of using this format on my personal media profile is that the quality of the photograph might not do justice to the actual mood board.
I chose my website for my personal media profile. This is because it shows the employer that I have the ability to create a functional website. To include my website on my personal media profile, I first took screenshots of some of the pages on the website. I then pasted a hyperlink to my personal media profile to the website to allow prospective employers to be able to view it. I have repurposed my website by changing the formats from a website to images. A benefit of this is that it will be easy to locate. A limitation of this is the images will not allow the employers to see the functionality of the website, which is what the hyperlink is for.
Next, I chose to add the short film as a piece of content for my personal media profile. I wanted to do this because the short film showcases my abilities to create a film and edit the film. I repurposed this content from a video file type to YouTube link. I also then embedded this video into my blog. A benefit to doing this change in format is that it allows for quicker access from my blog as the original file size would be too large otherwise. On the other hand, a limitation of this is that the video has then been compressed and might lose the quality of the footage or the sound.
Moving forwards, I then chose to include my magazine cover on my personal media profile. This magazine cover was a recreation of an actual magazine called Cosmopolitan. the magazine was originally a photoshop file type which I had to export as an image. I had to repurpose my content this way to be able to add it onto my personal media profile of a blog. A benefit to this is that it visually shows off my photoshop skills to a prospective employer. However, a limitation of this is that the magazine might become blurry looking as it losing quality through the exporting.
Finally, the last piece of content I chose to include within my personal media profile is the photographs from the 'Beautiful Doncaster' brief for Unit 8 of my Digital Media coursework. Like the magazine cover, these were all edited on Adobe Photoshop meaning that in order to add them to my blog being the format I chose for my personal media profile I had to export them. I repurposed my content from showcasing my editing skills within photography to show off my ability to meet a set brief which would be attractive to prospective employers. A benefit of this is that the employers can see the overall photographs in their final forms on my personal media profile. However, a limitation is that they cannot see all of the process for editing such as the tools I used within the software.
In conclusion I have justified my choice of content a discussed the repurposed formats in my personal media profile. I also talked about the limitations and benefits of them.
Comments
Post a Comment